- Denying entry to a person whose documents are clear.
- Allowing entry to a person whose documents contain discrepancies, who are missing documents, or presenting multiple passports (the latter is only for Nathan Cykelek on day 14).
- Allowing entry to a person who appears on the wanted list
- Unauthorized passport confiscation.
- Not confiscating required passports from Arstotzkans on certain days.
- Not giving a reason for denial if so required.
- Allowing entry to a person who is carrying weapons or contraband.
- Giving access to entrants from countries whose citizens are barred from entering.
The inspector can choose to violate protocol and receive a citation on purpose to receive tokens, bribes, or to trigger or to avoid certain events. For example, permitting Elisa Katsenja to enter (even though she only has her passport) will allow her to reunite with Sergiu, and the inspector may receive a gift of 100 credits at the end of the following day.
The citation is given approximately 5 seconds after the entrant departs the booth, should the inspector mess up.
Receiving a citation means the inspector will not get paid the usual five credits for that entrant. The first two citations given each day are warnings and carry no sanctions beyond the loss of salary. After two citations, the inspector will be penalized for each visitor processed wrongly. The next two citations will lead to a penalty of five credits. After that, each subsequent citation will increase the penalty by five credits (so the pattern is 0, 0, 5, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, and so on). The citations reset every morning. The number of citations alone does not end the game, but the game will end if the inspector cannot pay the penalties and goes into debt (ending 1).
Not an exhaustive list.
|Passport not confiscated||Can only be received on days 24–31.|
|No entry from Antegria/Kolechia/Obristan/Republia||Can only be received on day 1.|
|No entry from United Fed||Can only be received on days 1 and 25.|
|No entry from Impor||Can only be received on days 1 and 19.|
|Invalid weight- Possible smuggler admitted|
|Denial reason not given||Day 18 and after.|
|Wanted criminal admitted||Day 14 and after.|
|Incorrect purpose response|
|Incorrect visit duration response|
|Entrant holds conflicting passports||When Nathan Cykelek is approved.|
|Passport: Non-matching photo|
|Id Card: Non-matching photo|
|Forged entry permit|
|Forged work pass|
|Forged access permit|
|No diplomatic access to Arstotzka|
|Forged diplomatic auth|
|Forged asylum grant seal|
|Necessary vaccine expired|
|Missing necessary vaccine|
|Name does not match record|
|Alias does not match record|
|Fingerprints do not match record|
|Cobrastan is not a real country||If Jorji Costava is approved on day 4.|