- Denying entry to a person whose documents are clear.
- Allowing entry to a person whose documents contain discrepancies, who are missing documents, or presenting multiple passports (the latter is only for Nathan Cykelek on day 14).
- Allowing entry to a person who appears on the Wanted list
- Unauthorized passport confiscation.
- Not confiscating required passports from Arstotzkans.
- Not giving a Reason for Denial if it is required.
- Allowing entry to a person who is carrying weapons or contraband.
- Giving access to entrants from countries whose citizens are barred from entering (on certain days, see below)
The inspector can choose to violate protocol and receive a citation on purpose to receive tokens, bribes or to trigger or to avoid certain events. For example, permitting Elisa Katsenja to enter (even though she only has her passport) will allow her to reunite with Sergiu, and the inspector will receive a gift of 100 credits at the end of the following day if he gave her the locket, or will give it to Sergiu on the following day and recieve the 100 credits after the day's end.
Receiving a citation means the inspector will not get paid the usual five credits for that entrant. The first two citations given each day are warnings and carry no sanctions beyond the loss of salary. After two citations, the inspector will be penalized for each visitor processed wrongly. The next two citations will lead to a penalty of five credits. After that, each subsequent citation will increase the penalty by five credits (so the pattern is 0, 0, 5, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30 and so on). The citations reset every morning. The number of citations alone does not end the game, but the game will end if the inspector cannot pay the penalties and runs out of money (ending 1).
The number of citations affects the plaques of recognition the inspector can receive but this has no effect on actual gameplay.
Not an exhaustive list.
|Passport not confiscated||Can only be received on days 24–31.|
|No entry from Antegria||Can only be received on day 1.|
|No entry from Republia||Can only be received on day 1.|
|No entry from United Fed||Can only be received on days 1 and 25.|
|No entry from Obristan||Can only be received on day 1.|
|No entry from Impor||Can only be received on days 1 and 19.|
|No entry from Kolechia||Can only be received on day 1.|
|Invalid weight- Possible smuggler admitted|
|Wanted criminal admitted||Day 14 and after.|
|Incorrect purpose response|
|Incorrect visit duration response|
|Entrant holds conflicting passports||When Nathan Cykelek is approved.|
|Passport: Non-matching photo|
|Id Card: Non-matching photo|
|Forged entry permit|
|Forged work pass|
|Forged access permit|
|No diplomatic access to Arstotzka|
|Forged diplomatic auth|
|Forged asylum grant seal|
|Necessary vaccine expired|
|Missing necessary vaccine|
|Name does not match record|
|Alias does not match record|
|Fingerprints do not match record|
|Cobrastan is not a real country||If Jorji Costava is approved on day 4.|