The poison is inside a small package, over a film. Opening the package will reveal the poison with the warning "do not touch powder." If the inspector touches the powder, he will die and collapse, causing the game to return to the title screen.
The poison can be applied on Khaled Istom's (or anyone else's) passport by opening the package by clicking on the arrows three times (revealing the instruction "push hard to affix") and then aligning the poison anywhere on the passport and clicking on the film. If the poison is on the passport, it is safe to touch (for the inspector, at least). If the poisonous powder is clicked on at any other point, it disappears and the screen flashes white a few times, implying that the inspector came too close into contact with the poison. The game then returns to the title screen.
If the inspector hands over the poisoned passport to Istom, two events can occur, both leading to the same long-term objective (helping the EZIC order):
- If Istom is allowed entry, he will vomit blood on the passage on the right of the booth and then die. A guard will go to check him out and thus killing himself too (presumably he touched the passport and wanted to check the inspector's booth for clues).
- If Istom is denied entry, he will collapse near the other entrants waiting in the line; most of the people in line will then run away in panic, while three of the entrants close to Istom collapse on the ground and die.
- It is possible to poison any entrant on day 20. They will die, the day will end and this will count as having failed the EZIC task. This does not trigger the newspaper headline.
- It is possible to use the poison without killing anyone by poisoning the passport of an entrant who will be detained (if any appear).
- Otherwise, the poison will be disposed of at the end of day 20.