A prison, jail, or a forced labor camp is an area the inspector is sent to upon the breach of certain laws. These can scale from high treason to being in debt. Endings 1, 5–12, 14, and 17 end with the inspector being executed or sentenced to forced labor. The inspector is arrested in endings 3, 4, and 13. Regardless of the situation, installations and inspector's cell number (918533-6124) are always the same in the cutscenes.
Following crimes are mentioned in the game:
- Delinquency (being in debt) – Punishment: Under arrest until debts are paid.
- Treason (associating with EZIC) – Punishment: Execution.
- Murder of an innocent (shooting a civilian with the sniper rifle) – Punishment: Death.
- Attacking an innocent (shooting a civilian with the tranquilizer gun) – Punishment: Forced Labor.
- Murder of an Arstotzkan Official (shooting a guard with the sniper rifle) – Punishment: Death.
- Attacking an Arstotzkan Official (shooting a guard with the tranquilizer gun) – Punishment: Death.
- Violating orders (aggravating Dimitri with wall hangings) – Punishment: Forced Labor.
- Theft of Arstotzkan property (not allowing Dimitri's friend through) – Punishment: Forced Labor.
- EZIC has at least one agent inside a prison and labor camp because they are able to send messages to the inspector in his cell.
- Dimitri can send the inspector to forced labor under the guise of stealing Arstotzkan property when the inspector actually did not allow Dimitri's friend through even though she did not have the right paperwork.