Cities in RepubliaEdit
- True Glorian – Antegria has a city called Glorian
- A place called Central Chem is referenced in The Republia Times
In The Republia TimesEdit
A country with the same name is also featured in The Republia Times, another game created by Lucas Pope. Republia, despite being land-locked in Papers, Please, fields a large navy and has natural disasters taking place along its coastline in The Republia Times, indicating that the game may take place in a universe slightly similar to Papers, Please or in the same universe but several years after the events depicted in Papers, Please. While it is also possible that the events in The Republia Times are set before Papers, Please, it's worth noticing that in The Republia Times, the internet is a widespread phenomenon, while it was not still the the case by 1982, the year Papers, Please takes place.
It is explained that Republia was recently at war with Antegria. The two countries are locked in a Cold War-style rivalry, and similar to Papers, Please, mysterious rebels will try to persuade the player to help them. If successful, the rebels, led by a person called Kurstov, take over Republia and change its name to Democria (and then back to Republia if the same game played again with the new government).
In the aftermath of the war, the Republian kayaking team and the fashion designer Crevy Crevy defected to Antegria. The game also mentions the following people and details about Republian culture:
- Republia's film industry is known as Cherrywood.
- A band named HugginBoyz admits to not have sung on any albums and barely being able to dance.
- Superstars Chad and Jenlyn first get hitched, then have a Cherrywood wedding, and then get divorced, and both claim infidelity.
- A weightlifting champion Lekshou apparently retires due to a crippling injury.
- A TV star named Aprelica claims her butt is not fat but rather just fine.
- A tennis star Restojiu is said to have won the seminal brackets.
- A movie called Mumpit Mush, based on a children's book of the same name.
- The full title of the leader of Republia is The Great and Honorable Leader and they are given a medal called A Lifetime Of Glory medal.